- All elk must be Telechecked online, using the MO Hunting app, or by telephone.
- If you are calling Telecheck on your cellphone, be sure you have a clear signal.
- If the signal is spotty, move closer to a major highway, go to higher ground, or wait until you get to a land-based line to call.
- Avoid calling in areas with loud background noise.
Telecheck Using a Phone or the Internet
- Before calling the toll-free number or going online, find your Telecheck ID number on your permit.
- Get a pen so you will be able to write your Telecheck confirmation number on your permit.
- Collect the information you will be asked when you use Telecheck.
- Call the number listed at the bottom of your elk hunting permit or use the Telecheck button at the top of this page, then follow the instructions. If you’re using a phone, speak clearly and slowly. You can use Telecheck between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- After you have provided the required information, you will be given a confirmation number that verifies you have legally checked your game. Write this number on the permit.
Telecheck with the MO Hunting App
- Select your notched permit from the list.
- Tap “Telecheck.”
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Telecheck will upload a confirmation number to your mobile device.
All elk must be checked by telephone or on the Internet. No in-person checking stations are available.
You don't need to call Telecheck immediately after harvesting an elk. You have until 10 p.m. on the day of harvest to check your elk. Elk can be field-dressed or quartered with evidence of sex retained prior to being Telechecked. You can transport unchecked elk within the state as long as the permit is attached to the leg or with the hunter so long as the hunter is with the elk.
You'll need to have ready:
- Elk type (bull or cow)
- Number of antler points 1 inch or longer
- County where the elk was taken
- Whether the elk was taken on public or private land
How to Count Points
Each of the following counts as a point:
- The end of the main beam
- An antler point, if it is at least 1 inch long
- Any broken tine that is at least 1 inch long
- The brow tine, if it is at least 1 inch long